Monday, October 26, 2009

My fund drive gripe

Grumble, grumble, grumble.

Anyway, if you tried to call in during my Fund Drive program and did not get through, you probably called while I was speaking on microphone. There were no volunteers to answer phones. None. Zero Zip.

Hey, who cares about Martian Gardens?

Fund Drive week is the one week of the year during which I really get passionate about the idea that working on Martian Gardens for the other 51 weeks is totally...not worth it.

Therefore, I am changing the format to shake-your-booty funk-rock or maybe that AAA Adult Acoustic Alternative drivel all the folks here in the Happy Valley love so well.

Who gives a crap about John Cage or Pauline Oliveros? We wanna giddown and boogie!

Or maybe I could just broadcast Noam Chomsky speeches and New Age vegan gardeners talking wheat grass juice and herbal douche. Then I'd bring in tons of cash!

Meh. I'm just venting. I'll get over it. Negativity won't get the job done either

But, hey, you can still donate to the WMUA fund drive for the sake of Martian Gardens @ (413) 577-3000 or via the Donate link at wmua.org.

Thanx.

--Max

No comments: